Thursday, June 24, 2010

Visitors, Calls, and Gifts... Oh My!

I want to give a special thank you to my friends visited me in the hospital or at home.

On Monday I got the "dead person's flowers" from the volunteers. Suzana from New York sent me flowers. That was VERY thoughtful! Collette came by on Monday, not that I really remember that much of her visit. She brought me a Hoops and Yoyo toy that tells me that I "smell good" and a cute card with HER VOICE on it telling me I'm FANtastic.

On Tuesday Brandy visited! I could not believe my eyes when I saw her! She just had her surgery on FRIDAY! Wow! She looked good too! Gloria stopped in and gave me some love. We talked about something what was going on in her life and that took my focus off myself (which was really good!). Then we received a rosebush from Cheryl in Ohio! I can plant this at home and it'll grow every year! It was so kind! Next, I got flowers from JEFF! I jokingly accused him of buying them downstairs in the gift show so he wouldn't be up-shown, but he assured me he ordered them a bit ago. After that Shannon came by with a really funny book of odd family portraits! I LOVED IT! Sadly, I couldn't read it in the hospital because it hurt so much to laugh. I'm saving it for any day now. Collette came back with 20 balloons to cheer up my room. She had a vision of putting 5 in each corner, but the wind messed them up and they were all tangled! I loved them together! They looked so beautiful! She kept trying to separate them, and I kept telling her to stop. Being that I had six holes in my stomach, and she had none, I won. haha I also got a phone call from Mari who was on vacation. It was SO NICE to hear her voice. Collette came by again. Last, Thierry and Lianne stopped in to visit. I felt very loved Tuesday.

On Wednesday, I was discharged. Before I left, Rebecca (my teammate) and her fiance' Nehemiah stopped in. They brought me a very sweet book with daily prayers. I reminded me a little bit of the books my dad gives me around the Catholic holiday seasons. While Jeff was out of the room, Collette's minister, Kirk came by to visit with me. He was very kind and wished me well. We talked a little bit about my Christian experience, my husband's experience, and his wife who I used to work with.

On Thursday, I got another card from my parents and I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from work! I wasn't sure with all that was going on at work they would remember me, but Jeff told me I was silly and just needed to be patient.


The week before my surgery, I told Jeff I thought that Collette would be the only one to visit or think of me. I was really wrong, and it was really affirming. I am so glad that I have so many people who care about me. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment