Sunday, June 20, 2010

Are we there yet?

At my pre-op last week, I was given a plethora of prescriptions.  You're saying to your self, "Jessica.  A plethora?  Really?"  No.  Not really.  It's an exaggeration. Did you really need me to explain that? 

The thing I am LEAST looking forward to is drinking the bottle of Magnesium Citrate.  I need to take it around 5pm.  It will "begin [my] bowel prep."  I'm supposed to have nothing solid to eat after taking it and only drink liquids until midnight.  Fun stuff. 

I need to take Avelox tonight before I go to bed.  "Avelox is a prescription antibiotic used to treat common respiratory infections including bacterial sinusitis, bronchitis, and pneumonia in adults."

Tonight I have to put on a Transderm Patch.  I have to put the patch behind my ear in the evening.  I am to remove before showering and then replace it after the shower.  This is "Preventing nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness and recovery from anesthesia and surgery."

[Jeff has "Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros playing in the background.  It may be worse than the bowel prep.]

Tonight I have to shower with HibiclensHibiclens "is an antiseptic antimicrobial skin cleanser possessing bactericidal properties."  I'm sure it smells like butterflies and roses. 

I also take two Nexium capsules tonight at 9pm and 11pm.  Nexium helps with "heartburn relief caused by acid reflux."

Tomorrow morning I'll shower again with the Hibiclens, taking off the Transderm Patch and replacing it after.  I'll also take my normal medicine in the morning with a "sip" of water.

When I arrive at the hospital, before I check in, I have to take a Reglan.  This "is used to treat heartburn caused by gastric reflux."

I am to leave all jewelry at home (no wedding rings).  I am not allowed to use hair gel as previously mentioned.  Really?  No gel?  I've had 3 surgeries and ALWAYS had hair gel.   Bah.  I know I'm overreacting, but it's my prerogative.

I hope I get a good night of sleep tonight, though I'm not actually sure that's possible.

Thank you Aunt Pattie and Mom and Dad for get well cards!  I feel loved!

3 comments:

  1. Hugs and kisses Jess!!! I'll be thinking of you. Will be home from the Raleigh office on Wednesday night. Call me anytime you need a walking partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm wondering - did it smell like butterflies and roses? BTW - I'm not really sure what a butterfly smells like.... Love you!

    ReplyDelete