Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Elephant in the Room... by which I mean me

Well, tomorrow is almost here. I'll be checking into North East Hospital around 10:15 and surgery will start around 12:15ish. I should be out of surgery around 2:30 or 3:00pm.

How am I feeling?

Well, last Monday I met Brandy. She is a girl on met on obesityhelp.com who is having the exact same surgery as me by the exact same surgeon the Friday before me. We met up and had a lot in common. On Saturday, I visited her in the hospital. She was in pain and having trouble keeping down water, but, overall, doing well. That made me feel good.

A few people have asked me how much she weighed or how much I thought the parent at my school weighed before her surgery. I guess this is the elephant in the room. I'm undergoing weight loss surgery, so how much do I weigh?

For the past year or so, I've weighed around 280lbs. When I went on that weight loss kick, I had myself down to 249 (what was when the fertility doctor said I had to lose at least another 60lbs. before he'd see me again. After I had a surgery date and was having lots of "last suppers" (i.e. eating the way people think I eat) I was up to 298lbs. Here are my stats today, June 20, 2010.

Pre-op
Weight:       281.8 lbs
Wrist:          7 in.
Forearm:    11.25 in.
Upper Arm:14 in.
Neck:          17 in.
Bust:           52 in.
Waist:         48.2 in.
Hips:           56.75 in.
Thigh:         31.5 in.
Calf:            20 in.
Ankle:         10.75
Ring size:     ?
Shoe size:     9.5WW

I'm going to weigh in and measure myself once a month. I'll post them on my blog. We'll see how many inches I lose as well!

As far as the hospital, I'd love visitors on Tuesday and/or Wednesday morning, not Monday please. Because of all of the construction, they said it is best to park at the surgery center off of Memorial Drive. Maps are available on their website.

Jeff will have my cell phone on him as well as his own. If you want to check in, call and bug him. He'll be playing on his iPhone most likely anyway.

I should be home Wednesday night. For my local peeps, going on walks with me (and Moxie) would be awesome too. Thank you for your love and support!

(hugs and kisses),
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the surgery, I hope you and Jeff have as easy a week as possible.

    ReplyDelete