Sunday, April 11, 2010

Houston: We have a DATE!

After months of jumping through hoops, calling to get tests resent, and waiting oh so patiently, I finally have  a surgery date!

On June 21, 2010, I will be having a gastric bypass!

I have had so many different emotions about this.  I feel like I have lots of people's support, but not necessarily their understanding.  I don't know if that makes sense.  I think it is easy for people to understand this is what we (Jeff and I) want and be happy for us.  That's a lot different than understanding why this is our choice.  I know that people are worried about the hypotheticals, but what I need is energy and support.  I need people to keep me goal oriented and focused on the future. 

2 comments:

  1. congratulations! you have my full support and understanding! go for it. you are going to do so well!
    - Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my full support AND understanding. My mom had gastric bypass and it was the best thing in the world for her. Losing that 100 pounds helped her feel better, helped her blood pressure, helped her disk degeneration. You need to do what is best for you... not for what other people think is best for you.

    ReplyDelete